Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Transforming Theology

OK, so I started this blog as part of this project called "Transforming Theology." You can read more about the project and see what's happening there at this website: http://transformingtheology.org/

I joined the project because the rebuilding of my faith and consequent healing process from all my abandonment issues, rejection by the church, pastoral abuse, etc. was linked with my ability to rethink all that I thought I knew of Christ. As I developed my theology, it transformed who I was, how I viewed myself, how I approached life and how I approached others. I had help along the way from various authors from Henri Nouwen to Tony Jones and Brian McLaren. I had help from supportive people who understood the need to take this journey. I recovered my faith through the conversations about theology, and I began to see the importance of not blindly accepting what you've been taught. Now I question everything and am involved in a constant pursuit of truth. I attempt to teach my studnts this pursuit, and it is because of the transforming capabilities of my attempt to define what I believe that I believe this is so important to the church (as people, not institutions).

No comments:

Post a Comment